Originally Posted By: nickbuol
How did you like the A2? Why the jump up to the A35?

I started out with an X1, which was built like a battleship and weighed around 25 pounds. The X1 was a great player, but not without bugs. It was also very slow to power up and load; so much that I couldn’t take it anymore. Considering that I use an external video processor, SD up-conversion was not important to me. When I bought the A2, none of the Toshibas had 1080P/24 capabilities, so the A2 was the logical choice for me at the time. Now that 1080P/24 is available and DTS-HD:M and DD-TrueHD is starting to show up on many HD disks, the choice for me is between the X2 and the A35. The X2 is still suffering from a couple bugs and I’m not confident Toshiba will correct them, or I would have preferred the X2 over the A35. User reports are very positive towards the A35 and that it works right, right out of the box.

Considering the A2, I think it is a fine little machine and besides feeling a little “playschool”, the only gripe I had was slow start up and load times (although much faster than the X1).