There are other although crappier methods, even wireless ones, and even if your video card only has older VGA jacks out. However, none of them produce a very good picture.

I used to use a cheap X10 wireless system so I could send PC sound and video to my TV and receiver. It came with a programmable RF remote and did do the job it advertised. It allowed me view, choose and play MP#s from my computer in another room. The picture was awful but did the job. The sound was stereo, MP3, and sent 2.4 Ghz so it just sounded fair as well in my pre Axiom days. Probably would have actually sounded worse with the super accurate Axioms.

Later I bought a new PC and placed the old behind the TV and went Svideo from my graphics card. Picture was improved but still not impressive. PC was not a quiet one so that was an annoyance. People were impressed however when I'd turn on the psychedelic visualizations bouncing around to the beat of the tunes. Kinda fun on a 46" widescreen even if the resolution was crappy.

In short, if your card does svideo, it's a lesser option. There are also gadgets to convert just about anything but the gents above have described what's needed to get a good picture.

As a side note: I was on an x10 kick at the time and could turn off and on all my house lights with the same remote, switch my TV to a pannable video camera to see who was at the door, and with one press of a wireless 3 button switch near my bed, it would turn on the lights in my bedroom, bathroom, stairs and kitchen while also start the coffee maker.

I shouldn't really admit this stuff should I ??

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.