Greetings all. I've been lurking around the forum for the last couple hours enjoying everyone's opinions and advice. I'm looking to build my first ever HT system and I'm thinking of two M22s paired with a good sub for 2.1 stereo. I'm wondering though, could the M22s also double as PC speakers?

I have a small apartment (main living area is about 1600 cu. ft.) with a single desk that serves as my PC desk, my music station, and my entertainment center. Ideally, I want to be able to listen to music while I'm in the kitchen (about 15 feet away), watch movies (about 8 feet away), and use the computer (which if I place the speakers as far back as possible, will put me about 4 feet away).

Since my PC speakers are dying (and I don't really want two pairs of speakers on my desk), I thought it would be cool to get a single set of speakers that can do all three things for me.

My question is, has anyone ever tried using their speakers this way? Is this even a feasible idea, or is it just plain unrealistic to expect a good sound when you're only sitting a couple feet away (even if you can get an equilateral triangle between you and the speakers)?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give.