I chose the M2 for a center because of the size, its more accommodating in my entertainment center. Also the price. The $30 difference would mean I would have to wait another 2 weeks to get the M3. I was also in a toss up, between getting M2s across the front, or M3's, because if I got all of one, I wouldn't have a chance to hear the other. I was really pulling my hair with that. What I hope to try is setting up the M3s as full range, and cut off the M2 center and surrounds at 100Hz. I can set the receiver to still send the main M3 frequency <100Hz to the sub. I would also try cutting them all off at 80 and 100Hz. I would also be open to getting another M2 and move them to the surrounds and have a 4.1 system until I get a VP100. There's just too many options and I suppose I just need to get all the Axiom speakers I can get my hands on. Do I sound crazy? Or I can get one more M3 for the front and another M2 for the rear. That would be the most cost effective. Wife would have to get over the M3 center too.