The 1.3 spec allows for a much higher bandwidth capacity than 1.1, but from my understanding, that is mostly in regards to deep color because 1.1 can accommodate 9 channels of un-packed high rez PCM, which is a lot more information than DST-M and DD True HD in bitstream format (which 1.3 supports over 1.1 and 1.2). Deep color however, (again to my understanding) will most likely not ever happen. So I wouldn’t get all fired up to swap out cables just because you have a 1.3 receiver in the loop now. Where I’ve seen complaints with HDMI cables failing, is where folks have unusually long runs in excess of 35’ and they installed some cheap first batch 28 ga cables. I would suggest to anyone running cable, to just get a good 22 (or 24) gauge cable and that should be adequate. If deep color actually starts to show up, then I reckon it might be time to rip everything out and start all over with some new and improved media transfer system…..

So how’s the GUI working out for you? Any issues with that?? That’s probably what I’m looking forward to more than anything else.