Originally Posted By: jakeman
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Jaz,

I can't comment about the 350 because I haven't heard it but I own the 600 and listened to the 400 with jakewash. I know that you don't need the 600 and it is highly unlikely that you need the 500. The 400 is indeed very smooth, will blend in very well and satisfy your needs. Other subs may give you the presence that you desire but they will likely compete with the rest of the music. The 400 will weave the bass into the rest of the music very seamlessly.

Good summary. \:\) For a music application that's strongly jazz oriented its the 400 you want. So far, I've played alot of Patricia Barber, David Sanborne, Eddy Higgins, Wynton Marsalis, Tsuyoshi Yamamoto, Diana Krall, Holly Cole to name a few on the 400. Its a seamless natural presentation.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the jazz oriented comments. 400 officially tops the short list.
The Banker will like that fact that the 400 is smaller (than the 500) and will match the M80's cabinet. She'll blow a fuse whether I spend $500 or $1000 so going with a less expensive competitor is a wash ;\).
I'll pull the trigger after the Holiday smoke clears.

M80v2
Outlaw RR2150
Denon 3910