About two years ago I purchased a pair of m60's and a nice stereo receiver and then later added a HSU Sub. I've been really happy with the sound, and I even watch movies with this setup -- I call it my 2.1 home theater. \:\)

Anyway, I finally took the plunge and this year, I'm upgrading to a full 5.1 setup and I couldn't be more excited. A few days ago, I ordered an Onkyo TX-SR805 and it should be here soon. At 130wpc, it's far more than I need (by Mojo's calulations it's 260 times more more than I need!). I also want to get the Toshiba HD-A3 DVD player, but I'm going to wait a few days since I've heard they're going on sale again after Thanksgiving.

Of course, I'm sticking with Axiom and getting a VP150, QS8's with stands, and maybe a FMB to mount the center. I'll order the speakers one of these days.

Between the receiver, extra speakers, and HD DVD, it should be a *huge* improvement!

I do have one question though. I'm still trying to determine how I'll mount the VP150. Here's a pic of the entertainment center for reference.

There's just barely enough height between the top of the TV and the bottom of the shelf over the entertainment center for the center channel speaker, so that's not a problem. The issue is how to mount it. The top of the TV is only about 2 inches deep, and the center channel shelves that I've seen all have little fingers that protrude over the front of the TV to help hold it in place -- a no-no as far as WAF is concerned. My thought is to use a FMB mounted to the underside of the shelf that's over the TV. I might have to build some sort of strut or brace to mount it to though. Any creative ideas out there? I'm hoping for a clean and fairly simple approach.

M60's
VP150
QS8's
HSU STF-2
Onkyo TX-SR805
Audiobytes for the PC