Hi Everyone,

Although I've owned just a pair of M80's for quite sometime now I'm new to the forum. I bought these speakers back in college and now that out in the working force I own my own house and would like to get some surrounds and the center to complete the package. I've decided on the QS4's and the VP100 for budget and room size reasons. My subwoofer is a 12" woofer in a home made 2'x2'x3' box (I use it as an end table now . I ran all the wiring for for the sub and the surrounds in my back walls last night. My couch will be right up against the rear wall so the surrounds will be to the sides. I'm just trying to figure out how i want to mount them. I run the wires up into a gangbox and put a speaker terminal plate against the wall which sticks out about 1/2". I'd like to mount the T brackets to the studs right next to the plates so that when the speakers are hung they will hang over the plates. My only concern is how much clearance will be behind the speaker when it is hung. Does anyone know the answer to this? I suppose I could always remove the plates and just run the bare wires to the back of the speaker, but I'd like to leave them on if possible. Any thoughts?