Long time reader, first time poster.

So here's the issue: I'm running my 80-500 system with an older Marantz AV receiver. The receiver makes a crackling sound when playing movies. Sounds like an old film projector running in the background. (I understand this is not uncommon for this model), so I've got to get something else.
I was pretty sold on the new Onkyo 805. I was leaning towards the 605 or the 705, but would like to have the piece of mind of a receiver that is rated for 4ohms. However, I ran into some very positive feedback on the Emotiva systems, of which their Ultra system is current priced BELOW the 805.
Which raises the question, given equal pricing and perceived quality (not to mention Emotiva carries a full 5 year warranty), should one go with separates vs. receiver?
I've always assumed that a separate system gives additional flexibility and better power management (more headroom) than receivers. However, I also beleive much of the separates hype is just that- hype.
I do like to run my system loud at times (esp for movies), and I do have a fairly large space- great room with 15ft vaulted ceiling)
The 805 route gives me the 130watts x 7, Onkyo name, TrueHD and maybe one or two other processing benies, Brown DACs, and a smaller package.
The Emotiva package gives me 125watts x 6, 5 year warranty, and flexibility to get an upgraded pre-pro if/when decoding systems change (or just get it re-programmed or re-fitted?), and a beast of an amp that may or may not offer more 'headroom' than the 805.

So, I respect all ya's ideas/opinions/perspectives. What would you do? (What would Jesus do? What would -ALAN- do?!)

Thanks very much

M80v2, VP150v2, QS4v2, Onkyo 805, ADA1500-3, Sonos