Quick question for the auto buffs.

Most auto headlights have this slight yellow hue not unlike an incandescent bulbs. However many more pricey vehicles that i've seen on the roads for years have some kind of a headlight that is white-blue in hue and is far brighter than the former type.
A few years back i saw advertisements for Silverstar headlights which seemed to be the white-blue headlight to which i'm referring. I did a bit of googling at the time but did not turn up alot of info surprisingly. I bought a pair of these Silverstars for our CRV but alas, i didn't really find them any brighter than the stock headlight bulbs and they certainly were not the bright white-blue hues that i saw on other vehicles. Both burnt out within two years and i put the stock bulbs back in.
Then i rented a Chrysler 300 last fall for a trip to the mountains and it had the bright white bulbs. The extra visibility was pheneomenal. Granted, the lights do blind oncoming drivers alot more than the dimmer bulbs but the safety offset is huge.

Many years ago i knew of people who ordered these bulbs as custom parts but they were illegal in Ontario at the time if i recall, some bylaws. I don't think they are anymore.

Anyway, does anyone know exactly what these auto headlight bulbs are? Can you buy them for any auto brand?
Info about Canadian local stores, would be much appreciated.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."