Hey guys. I have set aside $2,000 dollars to upgrade my home theater sound system. I am agonizing over the best option so I would love to get your opinion on what option you would chose. I currently have 3 year old M60s, VP150, a SVS Ultra sub, an older Onkyo receiver and dipole Wharfdale surrounds. Here are my two options.

1. Using the trade-up program I get the high-gloss cherry m80s, vp150 and qs8 for about $1400. I love the way the high gloss speakers look and I would like to take advantage of the free upgrade promotion. But, with the m80s, I would need upgrade my receiver. That would only leave $600 for a receiver. Maybe I could find a used or refurbished Denon for that, but it certainly would not be the latest and greatest receiver.

2. My other option is to buy a top notch home video receiver. My brother-in-law is a Marantz dealer, so I could get a new SR7002 for around $1000, or the SR8002 for around $1400. Then I could get some QS8s from the factory outlet, and pickup one of the cheaper HD-DVD players, or even a Sony PS3.

So which one would you choose???

Thanks,
Chris