Originally Posted By: wid

Congrats to Pops, make them take back the sub too. The Klipsch sub won't hold a candle to the other ones mentioned. You should have brought home the STF2 for Pops to hear.

STF2 is home...he knows it can rattle the room and be heard throughout the house. :-) I turned it on and off with the A/B testing of our M22/Monitor MK shootout. I have a wooden panel floor in my room. With the downward firing woofer the wooden floor bumps and shakes with the music. :-) So, it's awesome to feel bass at higher frequencies you usually don't feel.

We haven't unboxed the Klipsch yet - I didn't know it was *that* bad compared to HSU and SVS subs. We haven't discussed sub options quite yet because we wanted to make sure Best Buy would take back the Klipsch (my dad got some chunk of change off of the receiver/sub/bad klispch speakers) with the rebate, or what. On top of that, I was pushing him to make the Axiom Holiday shipping cutoff, which was today.

I was thinking a VTF-2 MK 3 would fit the bill quite nicely. :-) Haven't looked at SVS yet, but I love my HSU sub so I'll probably go with them.

I'm convincing him that he's got one shot to make an awesome home theater and settling for crappy stuff is a no go :-).

Thanks for the comments, guys, I'll be sure to post updates.! It's really weird having a huge TV and digital cable TV in our house - before we just had plain 'ol antenna.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2