Great review, uncle Doug!

I'm 10 years younger than you, but my musicophile/audiophile history also started in mid-'70s in my high-school years, when I had my first "serious" stereo system comprised of an early Technics direct-drive turntable, a Denon MC cartridge, a TEAC 2-track, 38cm/sec open-reel deck that I got cheap from a recording studio, a Kenwood FM tuner, DIY tube pre- and power amps, and DIY pair of Fostex backload-horn speakers.

But on the video side, I had always been a slacker. When my family moved to the US 12 years ago, I bought a nondescript Sony 32" tube TV, which we still use. Of course, I immediately connected the TV to my audio system, but never had an interest in the multi-channel audio. Believe or not, we never bought one TV ever since then, until I made a huge jump this past March that has become so infamous around here. Right, I went directly from a 12-year-old 32" TV to a 120" front projection system. BWAHAHAHA... That's a 15-fold increase in screen area, folks.

Needless to say, that was literally a quantum jump in the video department. I was simultaneously introduced to a 5.1 system, by the addition of an AV receiver, the Axiom VP150 / QS8 (2), and a capable subwoofer (see my forum profile for the current equipment). And today we are still catching up with what we had missed in our collection of LDs and DVDs through all these years!

This has been a highly rewarding endeavor, in which the Axioms have been playing a pivotal role.