As some of you know, I won a set of Audiobytes from Axiom in the naming contest. For Christmas, my wife had them upgraded to HG burled walnut, and ordered me an EPZero! Woohoo!

Well, the Audiobytes arrived yesterday, but I didn't pick them up from the office until today. The finish is gorgeous (and very glossy). I set them on top of the M80s and hooked them up to the ol' (newish) iPod. First song? "A Home" by the Dixie Chicks from the Top of the World discs. Second was "I Hung My Head" by Sting from Mercury Falling.

Wow... these things are great! Second thought: I can't wait to get the sub! (oh, greedy, greedy me)

I figured then that since they were a) sitting on top of the M80s and b) the iPod had 2 outputs (headphone jack and line out), I could do a little comparison.

Fiddling with the volume knobs is not the greatest way to compare speakers, but it will suffice for this. The Audiobytes really are as good as we think. Bass is obviously lacking, but at least it's a smooth lack; they're not trying to do stuff they can't. Here's the odd bit--it seemed again like they were brighter (again not a bad term) than the M80s, much like the M3s and the M50s. I'm getting even more confused now about that little issue.

The Audiobytes have fantastic imaging and soundstage, especially considering I was sitting about 7 feet away, had them halfway turned up, and was not centered between them. Axiom's got a winner here.

Pictures to come when I get around to taking them off the camera.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!