I'm thinking about ordering an EP125 sub to complement my M2s. They're part of a moderately powered system that will be playing music only (not theatre).

I've read in many posts here, people recommending either HSU or SVS subs rather than Axioms lower powered subs. I do agree that the specs on the HSU SFT1 or SFT2 look better for the price, and the reviews the HSU get are great. However, I'm leaning toward the EP125 for two reasons.

1.) The sub will be in a formal living room that has cherry wood furniture...as well, the M2s are in cherry wood. I just can't seem to find any lower powered subs in the SVS or HSU (or other sub manufacturers for that matter) line that come in a cherry finish...everyone seems to offer black matter or gloss, which would stand out terribly in the room. The idea is to keep the speakers and sub low key and blended with the furniture.

2.) The EP125 seems to be one of the most compact of all competitive subs. I can't seem to find others in it's range. Again, this is part of the aesthetic concern with this room.

I know my reasons may sound trivial, and many would shake their heads at those decision criteria.

Can anyone tell me any good or bad experiences with the EP125 sub, that might convince me to either buy the EP125 or go elsewhere?

I'm not going to be rocking the room with this system....in this particular location, it will be playing mostly soft jazz or classical at moderate volumes. The room is 8'x12'x20'

If anyone has any opinions, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kaz