My wife nixed the idea of more stuff on the floor, so I can't do two subs. Thanks to those who provided advice. I hadn't considered the vertically oriented EP600, and I'm thinking I might be able to get away with it. It would be in the same line of sight as the right front M60 (of course a bit taller), but I could stress that the EP600 has a smaller footprint than the EP500!!! I'm rationalizing to myself that the add'l cost of the EP600 is justified over the dual EP350 V3s, because I would have spent a combined $250-300 more on top of the purchase price of the duals (for a hospital grade duplex outlet, surge protector, and good 4m cable). Also, I noticed that the EP500 has gone up in price about twice as much (percentage increase) as has the EP600 since they were introduced - I know that's a weird observation, but somehow it makes me feel like the EP600 is at the moment a better value. [It could also mean the EP600 hasn't sold as well.] Finally, the EP600 provides more real estate for me to admire the "free" high gloss vinyl finish!

Last edited by bluray; 01/07/08 04:19 AM.