Originally Posted By: PaulM
but handheld units like the 60Cx aren't the best units for this use as the relatively small screens don't cover much navigational area with the detail needed driving in unfamiliar urban environments. If I were going to buy a gps mostly for driving navigation, I'd look at the dedicated units with the larger displays.

Your logic is just but actually, just to be fair to some hand helds, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well my Garmin Quest does as a Driving GPS when it is actually small enough to fit nicely in a pocket. They appeared to have done a very good job of maximizing the smaller screen's potential as I have no problems at all glancing at it, as needed, when it's stuck to my windshield. Also doesn't hurt that it gives voice directions so you are prompted with verbal commands when a course change is required.

A bigger screen is probably always better for driving if it's as bright and easy to read as this one. (I have seen cheaper big screen versions that are more confusing and harder to read than my small one.) For me, it has to also fit in the pocket of my life jacket so I am very happy with it.

Also, to whomever said, "what if you get lost?" I'm sure you were joking but I guess it's possible to get lost with a GPS in hand but if you do, please through out your batteries when you are rescued so you can blame dead batteries.

Also, NEVER, go into the wilderness without a backup compass, chart, and the knowledge of how to use it. Otherwise, please will me your speakers.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.