Thanks, Tom. You've got a good memory, indeed. And no, I wouldn't ignore your invitation to hang out next time you're in DC.

I ended up talking to Brent about new spikes. I will probably order them with a new FMB to mount the center channel on the wall underneath my new 100" projector screen (totally psyched).

I don't know why I haven't kept up with the forum - except maybe the new job (that I started nearly two years ago) is a bit more time consuming than expected - oh, and I had a child... Those things tend to eat up free time to chat on the old world wide web.

Indeed, though, my wife and child hav emoved out to Arlington, VA, a suburb of DC. We bought a small home with a big yard (which the dog loves). It came with the added bonus of a complete "man-cave" style basement, a great "boxy" basement with wall to wall carpeting and a great big wall on which to hang the big screen. Overhead electrical was already run for the projector, resulting in a nice, clean install (went with the super-cheap, but very respectable Mits HC1500 720p PJ). Still have my M60's, VP100, QS8 combo - although I abandoned my 7.1 for a 5.1 set-up... and don't really miss the rear two speakers much at all - perhaps one day I'll jump back into the 7.1, but that's a project for much later.

Anyway, I hope to keep in tough more often. It'll take some time to catch up on what you folks have been gabbing about lately, though...

In re: spikes - I always thought that they would help make the speakers a little more sturdy. As it is, the rubber feet on the wall to wall Berber make the speakers just a tad wobbly (nothing really to worry about). I figured that the spikes would help the feet dig into the carpet more. I didn't count on any sonic improvements. I'll be interested to know what the consensus is in this regard.

Perhaps I'll upload some pics for the group of the new set-up when I get a chance. Thanks again for your ideas about the spikes.