After reviewing numerous post on this and other forum sites, some very helpful input from forum members and hours of research, I have narrowed the decision of a receiver down to the above mentioned ones with possibly the option of adding the Pioneer Elite 53tx to the equation. I have already ordered the Axiom 3ti to begin with and will be adding other speakers to create an HT system..the room is rather small about 15' X 15'. The Sony has a 5 yr warranty, where the rest have only a 2 yr. sounds important. The 45tx has a .09% THD where the others have .04% and .05%. Don't know how important that is? Have virtually ruled out the H/K 525 and Denon 2803 as I want more "creature comforts" i.e. better remotes and they do not seem to have the most "bang for the $$". I, like almost everyone else who going through the buying decision wants all they can get for their hard earned $$, but don't want to over extend for their type of listenting. Thanks in advance for all suggestions and comments. Hope you're somewhere around Sushi.