I would say you are at the top end of most consumer products, The only things higher are true quad core and they have just made it mainstream last year. You should be good for a very long time.

I hope so because I just built a system with the Intel E6750 in a microATX/HTPC case and I don't have room for much more. I went with the Antec Phantom 500 P/S, the only time the fan comes on is when the sensor reaches one of 3 preset temps you get to choose from. I have mine at the low noise(highest temp) setting and the fan has yet to come on. If the CPU( Zalman CNPS 8700 NT ) and case fans were just a touch quieter I wouldn't know the computer was on.

Talk about system builds getting away from you, I originally went AMD 6400+ on a GigaByte board but changed my mind and decided I wanted to go Intel this time. I went with a Corsair HX520 Power supply in this build. The case was a cheapie So I now have 2 pretty good systems. Both systems have 2 gig of Corsair 6400c4 ram and I am still deciding on the video cards to get.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70