My room is 12W X 20L X 9H. I will be using the speakers almost exclusively for theater use. I am in a townhouse so I don't really play my movies too loud, about -10 (at most on average) on my Denon 2307 CI. A lot of times we just watch tv usually in stereo unless we are watching HD channels, so the volume levels are usually lower when watching sat.

Saving a few bucks is a major concern, but I don't want to sacrafice audio quality\detail just to save some cash. I have read a lot of the M80 vs M60 comparison questions and it seems unanimous that if you listen to a lot of 2 channel music, the M80s are the way to. Almost all of my music has been converted to mp3 and I listen to it on my mac through desktop speakers on the upper level of my town house.

Perhaps with these new lossless audio formats in movies, the M80s would be better.

So...my final question is, would M80s be overkill for home theater use in a 2160 sq ft room at moderate volume levels and at times lower levels (when the wife falls asleep on the couch next to me and I don't want to wake her)? Again, I don't expect to listen to 2 channel music on these speakers.

I also want to add that I have a sub (with the x-over set at 80 hz on the receiver), so i'm not concerned about how low the speakers can go.

thanks

Last edited by vassillios; 01/23/08 04:34 PM.

Made on a Mac