Thanks everyone for the comments. I appreciate the idea of running a phantom centre, however, the QS surrounds + the M22's would push me a bit out of my current budget. From the reviews I have checked out the QS8's are the way to go, so I think I'll be saving for them next, and using my pioneer surrounds in the meantime.

From the responses it sounds like the M22's would be best for me, and that is what I am leaning towards, since I have a subwoofer that I am happy with.

Also, from the responses it sounds like the VP100 would work well with the M22's.

In response to some questions, I am still using a 27 inch picture tube tv. I intend to move from an apartment into a house in about a year from now, and will likely upgrade the tv at that point. For the same reason, it's tough for me to determine room size since I have no clue as to what my room will be like in a year from now. I guess I'm looking for a somewhat versatile system, and considering I am on a tight budget, I know that my options are limited.

Thanks again for the comments, it certainly helped confirm a lot of my initial thoughts and makes me feel more confident buying speakers based only on reviews and not on an actual demo.

Foster