The only thing bright about the M22s is the way they out shine other speaker brands including some that are 3 or 4 times the price. I find the M22s neither "bright"(tipped up in the treble) nor "warm"(tipped up in the mid bass) nor laid back(just muddy sounding). They are highly accurate and well balanced yet non fatiguing. I use them in a 2 ch. setup and the voices are very clear and a joy to listen to. Imaging and sound stage are remarkable also. The Axioms are extremly hard to beat in thier perspective price ranges. To audition them will only cost you the price of return shipping if you don't like them (everyone that has heard mine like them).

I bought the M22s fully expecting to return them because, after all, how good can a US$360.00 pair of speakers sound? I liked them so much that I kept them and I must say that I have three other speaker sets that cost much more than the Amioms.

Btw, I think that if you listen to any speakers at "high volume" for a long time they will all sound harsh(fatiguing) after a while.

Good luck!

Take JohnK's advice and visit ecoustics.com and soundstage.com. Another good place is audioreview.com.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.