Blue Jeans Cable has a fairly informative section on HDMI cables that is worth reading. Guys who work there, especially Kurt, also have very informative posts at the AVS forum. Basically, any 24-28AWG cable rated for category 2 HDMI 1.3a application that is less than 15 feet is expected to work just fine and Monoprice has them at great prices. Reasonable price for anything is meaningless, of course, if the item does not work. It is well-recognized that Monoprice cables are cheap and work well, at least for most people. If you want to be the odd ball and get a unique cable made only for Blue Jeans Cable in the USA by Belden, then you may want to look at their Series-1 bonded cable. I have these and they are very well made but they are nearly as stiff as a tree branch of the same thickness. I bought HDMI port savers from Monoprice so as not to strain the ports behind the pre-pro. I agree with Eric, from what I read, that there are indeed differences between crappy and adequate HDMI cables. However, I see no reason to pay a monstrous price for Monster or similar cables as you would find at CC or RS. Since OP is looking at a 3-5 foot run, I would consider the 6-foot cable (Product ID# 3661) at Monoprice for $12.52. \:\)

John

John
Our HT