One of the great attributes of my M22 Axioms is the great stereo soundstage that they provide - pretty wide, with a solid center image.

Yesterday (no - not the song!) I played Rubber Soul - and was pretty surprised that there was basically no stereo image. The sound seemed to come directly from the left and right speakers - very localized. I also noticed several sounds, whispers,vocal harmonies and such that I have not heard before - but once again coming directly from the left and right channels. I found as I increased the volume, it did sound somewhat fuller. The vocal harmonies on Here, There and Everywhere were impressive - many intricate vocal pans that I had not noticed before, including some Lennon vocals on that track!

The cd tracks are certainly not compressed, but my initial hypothesis is that since the left and right channels were recorded with different sounds eminating from each channel (ie - vocals on right side, guitar on left, etc.), I am not getting a good stereo image. Anyone have similar experiences?

I have the M22's set as an eguilateral triangle, slightly toed in. I played Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and immediately the stereo image/soundstage reappeared from the Axioms. Perhaps if I move the M22's in closer I would get a more cohesive image, but it's not too practical to move the setup every time I want to hear Beatles....

I will pop in Sgt. Pepper's tonight and see what I get.

Last edited by Nachosgrande; 01/28/08 07:56 PM.

Epic Grande Master 500 w/ on wall VP180