The BD 50 looks promising, but with Panasonic’s history with this LFE bug, I’d wait. I’m considering the Denon 2500 myself, but it’s quite expensive. If they had a universal player, I’d probably buy one regardless of price.

I have been following the BD 30 thread at AVS. That’s where I posted the suggestion. I think I understand why bumping the sub level up isn’t such a good idea. It works for now though. That’s more convenient that using the PS3 for PCM tracks and the BD 30 for DTS Master.

The Denon will not allow you to raise LFE, just lower it, or raise the sub level. It will let you configure channel levels differently per source or format though, which is really cool.

As much as I enjoy these BD and HD movies, I’m really getting tired of all the troubles that continue to rise to the surface. Now they're rolling these new profile BD disks out that don’t work. Why would anyone want to listen to some idiot in a little box telling you about why they filmed a shot the way they did when watching a movie anyway?? I suppose some folks like that crap and I should keep that in mind.....