Thanks for the support folks.

The good news is that nobody got seriously hurt as a result of the ice. Over 200,000 without power at it's peak. I understand there are still pockets of a few dozen customers without power here and there. That would make day number 8 for those poor souls. My power was off from Monday night to Friday afternoon. Borrowed a generator from my parents to save our pipes from freezing.

Because we live about 2 hours away we thought we could share the generator as it would be unlikely we would both be without power for long. While they were OK in the eastern end of PEI, this did teach us that that might not always be the case so I guess I know my next big purchase... HT room budget dipped into one more time.

Here is a few pics from our line crews. They are small but they were taken in low res. I want to add some more of my own tonight. I have some interesting ones of trees bent down over the road to the point they washed (scraped) your car on both sides when you drove between them.

Ice Storm Pics

Thanks again and Peter, falling down, without getting hurt, did make me feel better. Can I count on you to take a spill every time I need it?

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.