I need some suggestions from experienced axiom owners on speaker selection for a strange layout. I figure about 60% music and 40% HT usage. I would like to keep the price under $2500.

I don't have room for a dedicated home theater. The HT setup is relegated to one side of the living room. The TV is in a corner with the furniture arranged to create a 12x12ft area for HT usage. However, this is in a 26x15.5x9 room (3627cu ft). Also, the end of the room opposite the TV has two 5ftx7ft openings into the dining room which then has a 10ftx7ft opening to the kitchen.

I want something big enough to carry two channel music through this main part of the house but small enough for HT in the small viewing area. The mains will be on the side of the TV so they will be fairly close to the walls.

My original idea was M60 mains, VP150 center, Qs8 surrounds, and EP350 sub. The Axiom wizard keeps recommending the EP500, I assume because of the size of the room. However, that is one expensive upgrade. I could upgrade to the M80's (with the EP350) for less than the EP500 (with the M60's). Would the M80's be too much for HT use in this small area? Would I have problems placing them close to the walls due to being ported? This is one reason I never cared for ported speakers. Is the 350 sufficient? Would I be better off going with a bookshelf system and getting separate speakers for the dining room (which I could always do later even with floorstanding mains)?

Sorry for all the questions but speakers are a sizable investment and I would like to do it right the first time. All constructive suggestions are appreciated.