I just purchased a Sony [HT-DDW750] Home Theater System which connects with my 27" two year old JVC TV and Toshiba DVD [el cheapo model]. The price was right at $299.00 for the Sony. I am not big on DVD's, CD's, nor is my room great for surround. But, I like what I hear, so far. I am getting a better TV sound, but only the woofer comes in with it's beat, beat and sound from two of the five other speakers. I can push a button for music which causes too many sounds and seems to engage all of the speakers.

My question: I purchased a $39.00 Monster Cable for the connection between the DVD and the amplifier [Sony] which I have not installed as there was a "Coaxial digital cord (supplied)", and that is what I installed. The monster is still in the wraper.

My "home theater" does not have those speakers located as they should be? Ninty percent of the time the input and output to all of this will be plain old non digital cable TV and that is what I really want to enhance.

To me a buck is a buck. Do I really need that one $39.00 Monster Cable while the other cables are plain old RCA type wires, etc. ?
Remember there was a plain vanilla coaxial in the Sony box.