Originally Posted By: sirquack

The 80's will give you a little more in the detail area because of the dual tweeters and dual midrange drivers. Plus they can handle a lot more power. I've never owned the 22's, but I'm guessing even the 60's would perform better in the detail category and achieve louder levels as well.

The M80s have the detail of the M22s and sound way fuller(better bottom end-obviously). I did find the M60s to be slightly lacking in detail compared to the M22s until I turned up the volume then the M60s really started to shine, but at lower volumes I found the M60s uppers and mids took a back seat to the lower end notes.

I think this is one instance where an audition is a must considering the OP's desire for more detail. I am not sure the M80s will have it or not as they are not that much, if at all, more detailed in the treble than the M22's. The M80s are just a better all around speaker, as they should be considering the size/design difference.

I guess it is possible Keith's treble/detail, is the lower mids that most of us that have made the jump to floor standers from the M22's, have noticed is not as prominent with them as we would like.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70