They're easy to install when the contractor does it...

This room was remodeled so the walls were opened. We "guessed" on the size of the TV because it wasn't even available when the walls were completed. Then I kinda eyeballed where the speakers would go. The W's are supposed to snap into the frame but I think we have the frames so snug on the drywall that I can't get them to snap at all. Not a big deal, since they don't seem to slide. Although I would prefer they snap, especially since we live in the earthquake prone SF Bay area.

In the end, we had to raise the TV, including the AC plug we had behind it. I even had the contractor put in a surge protector that fits in a single gang junction box. We had to be cautious though because if it was too high, it was starting to look odd.

Ah, the fireplace... My father-in-law the pool hustler was too excited to even realize that aspect. I had to mention it to him because the fireplace was also redone w/ new stone. It protruded into the room a bit, and your cue does hit it when you are on that side. So...the contractor had to come out and move the light fixture to the side a few inches and the table had to be moved. You can't see it in the pictures but if you stand in front of the plasma, the pool light and table are centered a few inches to the right. When I think about it, it bothers me (I'm a visual person) but most people don't even notice.

Last edited by oldskoolboarder; 02/13/08 04:36 PM.