I know this question is covered in many other threads. I have read some of them and just want to make sure I have all the tips I can have.

I have M22s, QS4s and an M2 center. I just recently realized I have the M22s up too high to sound really good - since I am trying to keep them out of the reach of my kid. And it is a small, odd shaped apartment. I might knock into a speaker accidently.

So, I saw in a couple old threads some ideas. 1) put the M22s upside down so the tweeter is nearer my ears. 2) use the FMBrackets to aim the speakers down to my ears. 3) I suppose I would then also turn them in a little toward me to see if that helps.

I saw that you need an angle of 22-30 degrees from center for each of the speakers. Help! I have been out of school for a long time and, besides, I am an American. So, throw me a bone! If I sit about 10 feet away does that equal 5 feet between speakers? Is this the same even if there is a center channel in use?

Any other ideas for placing the M22 mains?

The center speaker has problems of it's own. The back wall is a funny shaped alcove - so the center speaker is five to six feet behind the main speakers. Would a ceiling bracket hold an M2 safely to bring it more in line with the M22s (assuming I find a stud in the ceiling)? And would that sound decent or would having it so much higher be an issue?

The surrounds seem almost set up according to Alan's directions. We recently removed a bookcase - so now I can relocate my wife's prize poster of Ireland, and I can make the QS4s align more exactly.

TV placement? It is still an old 20 incher. I won't worry about the video part of Home Theater for now, that will be another conundrum for later (where to place that.)

Anyway, I appreciate you all letting me loiter inside your brains for a minute. I am sure I missed something else that is important, so I thought I would ask for tips, as I continue to read the threads.

By the way - the Axiom Forums are the most polite and helpful forums I have ever come across. I guess there is some kind of background check Noreen does before you can buy speakers from Axiom?

Last edited by donaldekelly; 02/19/08 09:47 PM.

M22s, QS4s, M2 center, Hsu stf-1.