After looking at this forum for years, I finally purchased some Axioms. Things that I have discovered about myself is that I prefer monitor speakers over towers and that I am not a bass head. My favorite speakers are my JM Reynaud Trentes which I power with a Manley Stingray amplifier. These are the things I would rescue from my house if it was on fire(no wife or kids to worry about). I owned a pair of Definitive Technology 7004's and a Def Tech CLR 2300 for home theater. The 7004's are great speakers but I never fell in love with them. I don't care for the bi polar sound. I gave them to a friend of mine a few weeks ago. Now I am sick and tired of moving my Trentes from one room to another whenever I want to watch a movie or listen to a cd. So today for right about 500 bucks I ordered a nice little set of walnut M2's and the stands. Now I just have to figure out which sub or subs. I watch movies in a 13 x14 room with 8' ceilings and don't need anything crazy. Just something to complement the M2's. The powered 10" subs in the 7004 were more than enough. I also have always preferred 8" subs to 10 or 12 but the Axioms are reported to be pretty tight. While I'm deciding I'll just use the 8" sub of CLR 2300 to fill.
I'm also excited by trying the Axioms on the Stingray. The M2's will ultimately be powered by a Denon.

M3 and
M80