OK, I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but I feel, out of courtesy to our hosts, a little hesitant to ask.

Most know my background situation. In short, a small, square 13' x 13' room. Enormous swings seat-to-seat in bass response. Room treatments that would reduce peaks and nulls appreciably would take up a third of the cubic feet available, so no dice.

I've never been terribly happy with my 350V2. I don't blame the sub, I blame the room.

We're planning on replacing our furniture in the not-too-distant future. Currently:

We're thinking that instead of a sectional, we'll have a separate couch and loveseat in there with an end table in each corner. I'm thinking that I will build the end tables myself, to allow for a sub to fit under each. Hopefully, the dual subs will help even things out and provide for some "oomph" (chest thumping). I'm not getting that now. I like base Bass.

I don't need huge levels of output if I have two subs in a small room; I'd rather see deeper frequency response and "musicality"… though I've never really heard the difference between a musical sub and one that's tone deaf. Performance with movies is probably more of an issue than music.

Two HSU VTF-2 MK3s would cost $1104 shipped. They're rated to 18Hz, but there's no +/- so I have no idea how meaningful that is. They're available in Maple, and from a distance, might match up with the Beech Axioms OK.

Two Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subs would be $1257 shipped because they offer a special price on two. Rated to 16Hz, +/- 2 dB. Black only.

Two Axiom EP350V3s would cost $1364 shipped (Factory Outlet). Response is rated to 28Hz, +/- 3 dB. Matching Beech is available & supports one of my favorite companies!

I keep looking at Outlaw because of the low response.

Two 400s or 500s would be tempting, but really priced higher than what I'm looking to spend and serious overkill for my small room.. Color matching might not be an issue if I "build an end table around it". It's hard to ignore the recent favorable reviews of the 350V3.

Any thoughts from you sub gurus?

Edit:
PMs are cool....

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 03/09/08 04:01 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::