hi all--

So, I received my M60v2's and I still am getting used to how great they are. Such a natural fit for my space, and just astoundingly warm, open and full sounding speakers. I am very happy!

However, I am beginning to hear/feel the limitations of my old Cambridge Soundworks CenterStage center speaker. It's a solid speaker, very well reviewed (at 25" long, it features 2 5 1/4" mid-range/mid-bass drivers, a single tweet and two covered ports) but I feel that it's just a little "Boomy" in the middle, probably because it's just not the same quality as the M60s.

I was thinking of going with the VP100v2 center speaker, which is significantly smaller than my old speaker, but features basically the same number of drivers, without the ports. I just honestly can't "fit" the 27.5" speaker (VP150) in my setup (already the old speaker is just sitting in front of my plasma display, so I get a reflection of the screen on the top of the speaker--yuk!) and the smaller speaker can fit where my receiver is currently sitting. I just am worried that it might not be a good balance with the M60s...are any of you using the VP100 with the M60? I mean, obviously the VP150 is a "better" choice, but are you giving up a whole lot by going with the smaller speaker?

We watch a lot of digital TV and DVDs and I often use DTS:Neo 6 for listening to music, so I use the center channel all the time.

any help would be really appreciated!!

thanks,
mike

//
mike romo
2 M60v2s,VT100v2,2 M2v2s,SVS NSD-PB10, Denon2808CI, Sony BDP-S350, Samsung HP-S4253