In the end that is hilarious, and I am glad that the problem was easily remedied.

True story: When I was about 18 I purchased a pair of KLH (yikes!) floorstanding speakers that had twin 6" ports at the rear base of the cabinet. Like a lot of people, I don't mind unwinding after a hard day at work with a cold beer and some loud music. So one day after work I came home and I recall turning on Cherub Rock by The Smashing Pumpkins. Now, at a stretch, Billy Corgan's whiny voice sounds not dissimilar to a cat. Right after the song kicks in, I hear what is clearly some whiny sounds I've never heard in the recording before, so I rewind and try again, only to hear yet more odd whining but at different times in the recording. So I turned off the music to check out the connections and at that point clearly heard the sound of one of my cats emanating from my left speaker. I felt so terrible. It took about two hours to coax her out of the speaker, and as anyone knows, once a cat is tucked away in a small area they don't want to come out from, well good f'in luck. I cannot believe how loud that had to have been inside that speaker chamber! Needless to say, I immediately covered up those ports. I took the cat to the vet and he couldn't believe the story, but he checked her out and gave her a clean bill of health. My cat never ever went near those speakers again, which was fine with me because I was fearful that she'd claw them up in retaliation! Things definitely could've been a lot worse!

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD