OK. I've actually been one of those CrAzY people BUYING HD-DVD titles to use with my A2 HD-DVD player. I know, HD-DVD is dead. WIth Samsung saying that they are not going to build a replacement for their combo player (the BD-UP5000), it looks like if I want to watch HD-DVDs and Blu-Ray (once I ever buy a player) I would need 2 players. I mean, sure the BD-UP5000 is at about $450 right now at amazon.com, but it has its flaws and setbacks (2 Channel TrueHD, etc). Then there is the LG BH200. It seems a bit better, and is starting to be out of stock all over the place, and I am not dropping down $550 at this point.

What other options are there? A guy at work was saying "Buy an XBox360 with the HDDVD drive, and when they come out with the Blu-Ray drive, you would have both." Well, that is still a bit of speculation.

Or am I just "stuck" with having to get a seperate Blu-Ray player at some point? I tried to talk my wife into it being yet another reason for a HTPC, but was shot down again. \:\(

Any thoughts?

Farewell - June 4, 2020