Originally Posted By: jakewash
Here is an article for one way to do it. and then there is Xoom. I have never tried either nor seen it work. I just use my Denon for any music and I am just not into streaming video to watch on my TV. Anything I watch that is streamed I just do so on the 22" computer monitor\:\)

In my "quest" to take advantage of this technology interchange through streaming, I tried everything I already owned first:

Denon 3808 - Simple for internet radio, didn't try either streaming from the PC or plugging in a USB drive. That is all the Denon does, so I moved on.

Directv HR-20 - Used Tversity as the serve/software. Worked OK for music and photos, but VERY rudimentary.

Wii - Signed up and used the Orb service. A bit better than the HR-20, but pretty basic.

That's when I settled in on the PS3. This link gives some detail on a pending firmware upgrade (next few days) that upgrades the PS3 BluRay to 2.0. I haven't seen anything definitive on the PlayStation Home thing yet.

BTW - with a PlayStation Eye (Sony's $40 webcam), you can do pretty much real-time video over the Playstation network. Tried it last Sunday with my daughter in DC and it was great.