I bought a Belkin PF60 about a year ago from eCost.com. They had them on their 'clearance countdown' for about $130. I was looking for a new surge protector at the time, which was going to be $50 or $60 anyway. So I went ahead and bought the PF60. Would I spend $600 on this thing (MSRP, think), uh, no. But for $130, I think it's worth it.

I really like it. I'm not going to claim that it brought anything to the table visually or sonically with my system. But it has done several important things for my system overall.

1) Cable organization. Makes it simple to plug everything in to one place. Greatly decreased 'rats-nest' effect behind the AV rack now.

2) Power monitoring. I'm not an electical engineer, so I really can't say what over or undervoltage does for equipment. But I can say that the PF60 is reporting the power in my home varies from 121 to 131 volts, and usually is around 125v. An electrician friend says it's normal for our power company. Does an extra 1-11 volts matter to the equipment? I don't know, but modulating that down to 120v seems beneficial. YPMV (your power may vary). It's also interesting to monitor how many amps my system is pulling.

3) Power 'cleanup'. I'm not going to say that my speakers sound better or the TV is clearer. But I can definitely say that on my prior 'normal' surge protector, I would hear a click or snap from the speakers when my wife fired up the clothes dryer or a microwave, or even if our neighbor's A/C kicked in (we share a transformer connection at the utility pole). I don't get any of that anymore. Dead silence.

4) Switched outlets. I don't need them now, but should I ever get a projector and need a motoroized screen, or some other amplifier that doesn't have a remote turn on, the PF60 has switched & delayed power outlet settings that could be very handy.

5) Asthetics. I think it just looks cool. Totally my opinion, but I like the way it compliments my system.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office