Well of course, Axiom can do whatever it wants with the prices. It's a pretty common discussion around here to compare them with other speakers costing a whole lot more. We all know and do that. It's a big reason why we love Axiom speakers so much!

But, IMHO, if Axiom suddenly trippled all of their prices to be closer in price to similar-performing speakers, they'd probably lose a lot of business. I know I would have looked elsewhere if M80's had been $3k, and M22's $1k. I suspect my system would consist of AV123 Rockets instead. ;\) Mainstream brands like Paradigm, Energy, and B&W (three other brands I like), would suddenly be much more competitive, as Axiom wouldn't have such a huge advantage in the value department any more.

Put another way, I may be in the minority here, but if an Axiom setup cost the same as an equivalent B&W 700 series setup, I'd definitely take the B&W's. The sound may be similar, but the B&W's are a bit more dramatic in terms of prestige, R&D, and materials. Not that Axioms look bad or are poorly made (because they're not), they're just not quite in the same league if they were priced similarly. Again, just my opinion. ;\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office