I have a small upstairs living room that is 12' x 12' with closet computer nook. I am looking for solutions for a 5.1 surround system. I would like to do in-wall speakers + QS4s but cutting the gyproc is not something i want to get into? I am now leaning towards speaker brackets and white speaker wire but my front speaker choices are limited (or are they?)...they have to be relatively small. Anyone use QS4's as fronts as well - see below (want to have a tube amp connected to the fronts as well)?? Back speaker placement should not be a problem other than hiding the speaker wire. The other issue is that I would really like to run my tube amp with the fronts. Thus I am looking for a good quality small speaker. My Totem Rokks are just a tad too big to place in the room (I have 12.5" between the trim on the doors and the ceiling and the Rokks are 16.5" high).

I have a kick ass HT room in the basement with a projector, Rocket Mini fronts, 2 subs, Onix Ref 1.5 rears and Ref 100 centre but I want to buy Canadian from now on....I also want to do a small 5.1 system for the bedroom but I want a system that I will be happy with for some time.

My answer is probably running speaker wire through the roof trusses?

Next question is affordable receivers for these two systems. I have an Outlaw and Emotiva system in the basemet. Looking for relatively inexpensive receiver in bedroom and living room if possible.

Issues:
- small speaker choices - 2 * 5.1 speaker systems
- hide speaker wire
- minimal cutting of gyproc
- 2 affordable receivers

Any ideas, thanks...Sorry for the long first post