Originally Posted By: nickbuol
It is a scam being run by wives everywhere. They act like they are giving you "pre-approval" to go ahead with the big purchase as long as it is spread out over time only to come back to you later with their crazy logic to make sure that you never get a chance to complete your system!

Not all wives fail to understand/appreciate home theater. I guess I'm just lucky. My wife loves home audio & theater as much as I do. She loves both the music and the equipment. I think her ears are even more critical than mine. I've read that women generally have more sensitive ears than men, and I think it's true. She'll pick up on differences between speakers and when she points them out I can usually hear it too, even though I didn't before.

I knew she was something special back in High School (yes, yes, we're HS sweethearts) when she used to love helping me wire & re-wire various amps, speakers, & subs in my car. Ahh memories...

She was the one that pressed my recent QS8 purchase. "Would you just order them already? I'm tired of the M22's back there! They're too directional.".

Just a few weeks ago she was commenting on how it really was time to upgrade our 36" SD TV to something bigger & HD. Standing at the local big-box electronics store, I commented that a 50"-56" would be about the right size for our den. Her only comment was, 'are you sure that's big enough?', as she's pointing to a 73". I won't go any further with where the conversation went from there....

She's also recently made comments that our Pioneer AVR is getting a little old too, and that I ought to figure out how to replace it with something better soon.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 04/15/08 01:34 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office