Thanks Steve,

I'm sure building quality varies from home to home as from builder to builder. I believe this home is built with 6-8" logs. They guy that lives there now went to college with me back in the late 80's-90's. One of the things he commented on was how efficient the homes are because of the themal mass the logs provide over a stick built home. They don't use R values on log homes, because thermal mass is not considered, however, I'm reading that a 6" log home is more efficient than a stick built R15 exterior home. Also the logs give off heat in the winter because of their nature, not sure.

This is a Pine log home that has the required treatments, but you do have to maintain the exterior with a certain wash/protectant every 7 yrs or so I believe.

He did mention that from time to time you see lady bugs, but heck we get those in our current home. Not sure about the ants, will have to ask.

The exterior walls don't have drywall, but some of the inner bedroom and other rooms do. Also, there is a track along all the floors where all the electrical, cat5, and other wiring can be routed. He has wires prerun from the basement up through the casement around the windows and then drilled through the logs for the surrounds.

The basement is unfinished so I could start over down there and build another PorterPlex.

Thanks for the help so far. I believe Bridgman also has a nice home up in Gods country.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85