At Alan's suggestion I bought the Ramirez Misa Criolla and it is a wonderful recording to demo speakers. The piece highlights all the attributes of my 25 year old Kefs that I love along with their short comings.(Wish new Kef's were as good) It did the same for the M22's. All the same things I heard from the first session at Peter's house. I'm looking for the speaker that combines the best of both, but not sure i can find it for $800 (ie 22's+sub or 60's and add sub later). These are issues that adding a sub to the 22's does not effect from what i heard at Peter's

Here's where i need Spiff, Masa and John K's help and others who have listened to 22's and 60's a lot.

1. I've moved the speakers to all the reasonable and unreasonable locations in the room to get a good sense of room effects.

2.While the Kef's don't have stunning mid-range or overall super clean sound of the 22's, they give me a more 3-D, and larger sound stage. With the Misa Criolla, it feels like i'm in a cathedral with the Kef's and in a shallower stage lower ceilinged church with the M22's. The Kef's are also more forgiving of listener position.

3. The higher quality fidelity of the M22's beg for volume so you can hear all the nuances.

4. I will only rarely be able to listen in the 85db range due to downstairs neighbors.

5. At present my "A" location has the speakers 7' apart, me seated 9' away, although their is a "b" location that allows me sit further away with the speakers 8' apart.

6. Because Spiff has written so often about the much larger sound stage of the 60's, and because I'd like not to spend $125+ to send them back, here's what I'd like to know...
Given the info i've provided about room and sound level, do you think the 60's will give me all the great 22 qualities and add the 3D/depth and expansiveness I'm trying to describe. I know I'll have to try them for myself, i'm just trying to narrow down the unknowns, thanks