I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but there has been a longstanding issue with audio dropouts on these Onkyos when combined with DirecTV DVR receivers (don't know if that affects you or not). Short summary, whenever watching TV, using the FF, play, pause, etc. buttons would cause the audio to drop out for 3-10 seconds when you resumed play. Ugly! Some folks in other forums confused this with the lipsynch issue as they present themselves similarly.

Here is a link to a post describing the problem. I didn't read through the entire string to see if it had been fixed, so just do some research to be sure if this problem would affect you. I do know that at one point in the past either DirecTV or Onkyo released a firmware update to address the issue, and then one or the other released another subsequent firmware upgrade and the problem came back. \:\(

Either way, just be sure to research before you buy if this would make problems for you in your HT. (My wife would've killed me if my receiver did this after all the money I spent in that room!) ;\)

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry