Originally Posted By: SRoode

For example, if that happens to be 60 Hz, then anything below that goes to the sub and anything above it goes to the satellites (even if they were found to be Large)."
SO my crossover isn't working right then? I have output through the mains at 40 hz but XO is 60. When the speakers are in small/stereo(LFE,LFE+Main) mode, the XO is working. The 40hz tone barely moves the driver on the M80, but when in large(LFE+Main), the driver on the M80 moves alot, indicating no crossover. And Audyysey hasn't been run, so it shouldn't have affected anything.

Another interesting quote from that link:

"First, regarding the "Large" vs "Small" issue. This is purely a matter of definition. In the Denon receivers (following the spec set by Tom Holman for THX--note Tom is an Audyssey co-founder) a speaker is called "Large" if it can reproduce frequencies below 80 Hz. You can argue with this, but it happens to a matter of definition. That means, that in the default bass management mode of the receiver, ALL bass below 80 Hz will be lost. Yikes!"

So even my M22s would classify as a large speaker and it certainly explains why the VP150 gets listed as large.

Found one more quote from the link, from Roger from Dolby labs:

"The question is only whether or not bass management is being applied. Bass management cannot happen at any frequency unless the speaker is set for small, just as Chris stated in his last definition."

Which is what I show.

Last edited by jakewash; 05/13/08 09:51 AM.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70