Fred, even with tracks in an HD format, I still find that the quality varies quite a bit, especially when listening to older movies that are re-released onto Blu-Ray. Some masters use the LFE channel a lot better than others.

I should also have mentioned the Dave Matthews Band Live at Radio City Music Hall Blu-Ray. This was recommended to me on the forums when I first picked up my Axioms, and it remains one of my favorite demos for musical material (without a lot of bass). Because it's mostly acoustical guitar, it is not going to show off your subwoofer, but the quality of the audio track (Dolby TrueHD) is otherwise stunning.

The audio is so detailed that you can hear the pick moving across the strings of the guitar and the surround effect of the music hall is very well-integrated into the audio track as well. In my opinion, it is another must-have to show off your Axiom system (on my M80s, it is just plain awesome).

Amie, thanks for the suggestion on Hart's War... it's going on my Netflix queue today.

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry