Hi Smogavero,
Your post prompted me to do some very interesting listening tests, something I hadn't tried. And the results suggest you should get three M22's and use one on its side as a center channel!

What I did was to compare an M22ti in its vertical orientation against an M22ti turned on its side. I did the tests first in mono with the speakers near each other, one vertical, the other on its side, each one on a separate stand. The differences were very slight. I was surprised at how well they matched.

Then I repeated the tests with the M22 on top of a 28-inch TV monitor, first with the M22 in a vertical postion then on its side. Here, there was a more noticeable difference, as I expected, yet the M22ti on its side still sounded excellent, and I preferred it to the VP100.

I also compared an M3ti in the center channel to the M22ti on its side, and although the difference wasn't as dramatic as with the VP100, I still liked the M22ti better. (I used lots of movie dialog as well as Dolby Digital 5.1 music mixes--Aaron Neville, James Taylor Live at the Beacon Theater, and some big band material mixed to 5.1).

What I wasn't able to do was compare the VP150 with the M22ti on its side because I don't have a VP150 at the moment. So you should pay attention to other replies to your post. But I can assure you that three M22ti's, with the center on its side, will deliver clear, full sound at low to medium volumes with excellent timbral matching. And off axis, the M22ti on its side was just fine. Dialogue was very clear and uncolored, even far off-axis.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)