Just to neutralize Brandon's apparent claim of unconditional superiority of the NAD products, another way of seeing the same thing is that these specs represent NAD's own strategy of carefully designed marketing. NAD quite consciously chose to disclose the dynamic power or headroom ratings, being fully aware that those numbers would surely impress "well-informed" potential customers. However, without a careful set of third-party measurements available for specifically comparing the dynamic powers between different receiver/amp brands under identical qualifications/conditions, these numbers alone do not at all indicate that the NAD receivers/amps are actually better than the comparably priced offerings from Denon, H/K, Marantz, Onkyo, Pioneer, Rotel, Sony, Yamaha, and many others (brands in alphabetical order).

Don't get me wrong -- I am NOT trying to belittle NAD, which I firmly believe is an excellent, well-respected receiver/amp brands in today's market. Just that unconditionally boasting the maker-published numbers, whatever they are, isn't much different from blindly believing in the silly PMPO numbers. After all, every one of these figures is published solely for the marketing purposes, albeit for different audiences.