Originally Posted By: dllewel
I think the way you have it set now sounds fine. Ultimately it is best to experiment and go with what you like best, and it sounds like that is what you have done. You are the best judge of what sounds best to you.

A good crossover for use with the M60s is probably either 80 or 60 Hz. Choose what you like best. If your receiver forces you to use the same setting for all your speakers (surrounds and center too) then maybe stick with 80 Hz. There is probably no need to turn off your sub when listening to stereo. Let it stay on and play anything it gets. In direct mode it may not be getting any redirected bass as direct mode usually bypasses all bass redirection. It depends on how your receiver works, as many vary in how they handle the term "direct" or "analog bypass".

I'm using the Denon 3808 and I can set a different crossover for all speakers separately, center, fronts, surrounds etc. Do you know what a good crossover for the center might be? I think I have that set to 100, am I forcing some of the sound that should be coming out of the center to not be played from the center? Not sure the range of human voices if indeed that is mostly what the center is for. And I guess while I'm asking, what about the surrounds? If I set the crossover too high on those will they sound harsh and tinny?

Again I appreciate the information. I do play with the settings alot but after a while things start to sound different to me and I can get into a loop and never know when to stop

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember